Vegetarians and vegan may find it challenging to consume quality sources of protein.
Here are some different meal ideas to not only add variety to your meals but most importantly, ensure vegetarians or vegans are consuming enough protein in their daily meal plan.
• Whole eggs
• Egg whites
• Low fat cheese - for example, Bega 50% less fat, lite Jarlsberg cheese or cottage cheese.
Protein smoothie or bowl:
• Protein powder,
• Chobani yoghurt
• Chia seeds or almonds
Excite your humble salad by including varying sources of protein such as;
• Lentils, beans or chickpeas
• Low fat cheese
• Chia seeds.
Then of course you can add ingredients like tomato, capsicum or cucumber. Add flavour to your salads with a light dressing e.g. Praise fat free dressing, balsamic / apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
• Egg whites
• Green peas
Flavour your stir fry with herbs and spices, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli or spring onion. You might also like to add tamari, soy sauce or some oyster sauce (Ayam brand).
Pro tip 1
Another great option is Quorn mince (found in the frozen meal section). Quorn is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of meals such as:
- Spaghetti Bolognese sauce, using zucchini noodles as your spaghetti. You can also add mushrooms, spinach, lentils and low fat cheese.
- Lasagne, using sliced zucchini or eggplant as the pasta sheets. You can also add mushrooms, spinach, lentils and top with cottage cheese or low fat cheese.
- Mexican, adding beans, spinach and top with low fat cheese and chobani yoghurt.
Pro tip 2
Another great idea is choosing high protein bread for toast and sandwiches, Bakers Life found in Aldi or Burgen Soy Linseed found in Coles or Woolworths is a great option.
Although, it may be difficult to consume enough protein, by adopting these simple habits of including multiple sources of protein in to your meals vegetarian and vegans may find it easier to hit their daily protein needs - so get creative
Are you our next success story?
Enjoy a two week FREE experience pass, when you book a free consultation today.