Stubborn belly fat is something we always hear people wanting to get rid of. There are no hidden secrets to losing fat in general, however these next 5 tips are ways you can improve your bodily functions and make you feel better:
- Exercise: Consistently doing both resistance and cardiovascular exercise is a fantastic way to reduce body fat as well as increasing skeletal muscle mass. Not only do we burn energy while exercising, but by increasing our muscle mass through resistance training we increase our metabolic rate, allowing us to burn more energy while we rest and recover.
- Nutrition: Working with your Personal Trainer to ensure your macronutrient intake is perfect for you is vital for health and fitness goals. By maintaining the ideal intake of food, not only will you fast forward your weight loss goals, but you will feel fantastic the whole time. Our bodies thrive on good nutrition and function at their peak when given the right fuel.
- Water: Around 60% of our body is made up of water. Our skeletal muscles are 75% water alone, so just by increasing your daily water intake you can assist your body to increase its muscle mass. Water also helps our organs function better, allowing us to have clearer eyes and skin.
- Sleep: Ensuring your mind and body get enough rest is vital for your wellbeing. Our bodies only begin recovering when we are resting, so getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night will let our bodies be fully recovered for the next day. We all know how hard it is to wake up when we've only had 4-5 hours of sleep.
- Circle of influence: Believe it or not, the thing that can help you the most on your journey to changing your life around is your friends and family. Having the right mental support during the process can boost your confidence and allow you to progress sooner. If your friends and family join you, you are more likely to be kept accountable to your daily and weekly goals and be more motivated to show them the results you are achieving.
By implementing even a few of these points into your routine, you will definitely notice a difference in your health within a couple of weeks. Once you start feeling better and more energetic you will realise that there is no reason to stop at all. You will naturally begin to be more aware of the foods and drinks you are consuming and the exercise you are performing.
For more information on any of these topics, or others you can think of, be sure to make a list and ask your Personal Trainer the next time you see them.
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.