1. The first thing you need to do if you want to lose fat is to track and monitor your food intake.
Use your VVT app to track your macronutrient intake. Don't worry about what it is, just start by recording it.
Very few people overeat on a daily basis. The body is largely pretty smart and does a reasonably decent job of regulating its intake. Many people come undone by having meals or days which take them well over their required intake.
2. Pick something active you enjoy doing and do it consistently on a daily basis. The key to a sustainable training plan is doing things you enjoy. If you enjoy running then run, if you enjoy swimming then swim, whatever you do needs to be sustainable. If you don't think you can do it consistently find something you can.
3. Stop worrying about scale weight. Body weight will very rarely go down linearly so when it stops or goes up (and it will at times due to fluid fluctuations) you will become disheartened and think you have failed. If you are following your plans then the fat loss will come over time.
4. Forget the quick fix; be patient and consistent for long lasting and sustainable results
If it's a quick fix then it will come with a rebound effect. You get the results you want quickly but after time you end up worse off then you were when you started.
5. Drink more water! Just like your food, track your water intake and increase it gradually. Dont increase it too quickly because your body won't absorb it. If you increase it slowly then your body can adjust and absorb it much better as opposed to sending you to the toilet all day.
6. Don't buy into gimmicks fads. Detoxes or fat loss pills are a huge market because people want a quick fix without the work. These things provide false promises for the most part. These things work in the short term because of fluid loss and the tendency for buyers to suddenly eat better and exercise because they have outlaid the money. This enthusiasm soon wears off without the necessary support and accountability and whatever initial results that were achieved are soon lost and replaced with more weight then you started with.
7. Seek some guidance. Use the services of an expert to help you with your journey. Its like learning to drive a car, you don't just jump in drive away. You get the help of an expert to teach, guide and support you along the way. A good trainer will not only help you set realistic goals but set up a plan and keep you accountable to that plan.*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.