As we age, our metabolism naturally slows down, but that doesn't mean there's nothing you can do about it. In this article we share some great ways to help boost your metabolism after 40.
- Strength training. Regular strength training workouts can help build and maintain muscle mass, which can help increase metabolism. Aim to do strength training exercises at least two to four times a week.
- Cardio exercise. Cardiovascular exercise such as running, cycling, or swimming can help burn calories and boost metabolism. Aim to do cardio exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, four-five days a week. With Vision, your personalised program will ensure you get the balance just right between strength training and cardio exercise.
- Eat enough protein. Eating enough protein can help maintain and build muscle mass, which can help increase metabolism. Your personalised nutrition plan details the exact amount of macros (including protein) required for you to achieve your goals.
- Eat enough calories. Eating too few calories can slow down metabolism, so make sure to eat enough calories to support your body's needs. Aim to eat a balanced diet that includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats - you're macro nutrients are provided as part of your personalised nutrition program, that ensures the balance is just right.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water can help keep your metabolism running smoothly. Aim to drink at 2L of water a day.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate metabolism, so aim to get at least seven to eight hours of sleep a night.
- Manage stress. High levels of stress can also disrupt hormones that regulate metabolism, so finding ways to manage stress, such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing, can help. Our Flex Group Training Session is a great way to maximise your results by slowing down and prioritising flexibility and mobility.
For more information on how we can help you with nutrition, follow this link!