- Eat Protein!! Eating protein not only keeps you feeling fuller for longer and helps to satiate your sugar or fatty food cravings but it also a metabolism stimulant! Your body has to work extra hard to break down protein, in turn meaning your are using more energy to digest your food and increasing your metabolic rate!
- Weights Train!! Remember this simple phrase: "The higher the muscle mass, the lower the body fat which equals more fat burnt at rest!" And since your metabolism is the rate at which you burn energy whilst at rest weights training will increase your muscle mass and make sure you are burning more energy whilst at rest!
- Add HEAT to your food! Adding some chilli to your meals will help to stimulate your metabolism as it will help your body burn some extra calories after your meal!
- Eat foods that your body has to work harder to break down! Think about 3 water bottles lined up next to each: 1 has a slice of chocolate cake in the water, the next has some grainy bread and the third has a piece of steak in the water. If you shook each bottle vigorously what would happen to the food inside? The cake would dissolve, the bread would break into chunks and the steak would stay the same. This gives you an indication of the work your body has to do to break down denser, heavier foods rather than foods high in sugar or water.
- Eat small regular meals!! Eating five or six meals a day will stimulate your metabolism into burning the equivalent amount of energy as 30mins of cardio!!! Like a campfire that doesn't need one big log to burn all night but lots of little bits of kindling to burn away, your metabolism needs constant stoking to keep working at a high level-so if you are only have 1 or 2 meals a day you're snuffing your campfire out!!!
Are you our next success story?
Enjoy a two week FREE experience pass, when you book a free consultation today.