We've all been there… We're out getting those last bits of Christmas Shopping then suddenly; we're hit by a sudden wave of hunger! What could we possibly eat to ensure we make it back through Myer the third time and home for Dinner without a meltdown? Here are some simple snack ideas for on go shoppers!
- Hard Boiled Eggs- Ok, so this one needs a bit of forward planning… Simply boil a couple of eggs the day before your adventure to the shopping centre and you have a perfect on the go snack guaranteed to keep your hunger at bay. Eggs are a low calorie but nutrient dense food, full of protein, Vitamin B, zinc and calcium. Three boiled eggs are less than 250 calories!
- Air-popped Popcorn- As long as your choice of popcorn is of the air popped variety and with no oil and not the salted caramel, gourmet buttered version then air popped popcorn can be a great snack for on the go. With roughly 31 calories per cup, popcorn is much lower in calories than other on the go snacks while also being high in fibre.
- Another easy on the go snack for getting through your Christmas shopping is a Low Carb Protein Bar like the Crankt Protein + energy bar you can buy from most supermarkets. With <200cals and 20g of protein this would be a great mid-morning/ afternoon snack to keep you going until Dinner.
- Stone fruits like peaches, nectarines, and plums make for a low-calorie, seasonal snack. They are a good alternative to chips, cookies, or other junk foods. Berries like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are also low in calories and contain many important vitamins. They also may have positive effects on cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and inflammation
- Lastly another great on the go snack is a High Protein Yoghurt like Yo- Pro or Chobani fit. These low calorie and high protein yoghurts are conveniently available in a grab and go pouch from most supermarkets. With <100cals and 15g of protein these are perfect to grab on the move.
To ensure you stay on track towards your health and fitness goals ensure you continue to track your Meals and Snacks in your MyVision app which will help guide you to hit your macronutrient targets.
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.