It is the untold truth of health and fitness that fruit is healthy and great for you but little explanation why, here are the little known benefits of individual pieces of fruit and why they are good for you.
Firstly, fruit is a great source off fibre and a natural source of carbohydrates/energy for your body which keeps you energetic and your bowel movements regular throughout the day. As well as being low in calories it's a perfect contributor to a healthy lifestyle. In addition to this each individual fruit has healthy properties which also contribute to general wellbeing. Such as:
- Banana: high in potassium and nutrients, great for blood pressure.
- Strawberry: extremely low calorie, high in folate(vitamin b9), antioxidants.
- Oranges: vitamin c, great for skin, high in minerals and antioxidants.
- Blueberry: has Phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and Zinc.
- Raspberry: high in vitamins minerals and antioxidants.
- Watermelon: lowers inflammation, great for hydration.
- Pineapple: high in enzymes for digestion and immune system.
- Apple: blood sugar control and weight loss.
- Kiwi fruit: high in vitamin C, E, K.
- Mango: great for digestion, lowers cholesterol.
- Avocado: more potassium than banana, packed with healthy fats.
Overall fruit is great for you, please partake.
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.