Skip to main content

Benefits of Himalayan Rock Salt

In this post, we take a look at some of the incredible benefits of Himalayan pink salt and how you can use it to boost your health.
Health & Nutrition Articles
Health & Nutrition Articles

By James Clare at Mona Vale

Benefits of Himalayan rock salt for overall wellness

I have been using this product for many years after first discovering it in a health food store. I have compiled a short list of all the various uses it has and ways it can improve your health.  

Himalayan rock salt is one of the purest sea salts and one of the best sources of natural minerals on the planet and exponentially healthier than the bleached and processed table salt that most people use daily.  In this post, we take a look at some of the incredible benefits of Himalayan pink salt (HPS) and how you can use it to boost your health.

1. Mineral Soak
Salt and mineral baths are a great way to relax at the end of the day while simultaneously infusing the skin and body with minerals and hydration. When it comes to the best things to put in your bath water,  Himalayan pink salt is at the top of the list.

2. Soothe Away Muscle Soreness
A warm bath infused with Himalayan pink salt is also great for relaxing cramped muscles.  The magnesium and some other trace minerals found in HPS absorb through the skin to help heal damaged muscle and other soft tissues.

3. Detoxification
Himalayan pink salt also works as a powerful detoxifier.  When dissolved in water, HPS becomes an ionic solution that helps to draw the toxins out of skin and adipose tissues.

4. Regulate Hydration
When consumed as a drink - HPS provides the body with electrolytes which regulate hydration, among other things.

The good news is that HPS is about 85% sodium chloride with the other 15% featuring notable amounts of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, as well as bicarbonate.  These six minerals are all electrolytes that are necessary for proper functioning of the human body, or more specifically for bodily fluid regulation.

Essentially a drink made with Himalayan pink salt is like mixing your own perfect sports drink.

5. Lowers Blood Pressure

When all natural HPS is used in lieu of (but not more than) processed NaCl table salt, your body actually has an easier time processing the minerals.  Your system won't need as much water to clear out the excess sodium, therefore you won't retain as much water, and your body won't have to work as hard.  Remember that natural is always better than processed and the same holds true for salt. 

6. Balance pH / Reduce Acid Reflux
Unbalanced pH is a problem for many people that can lead to all kinds of health problems from immune deficiency and loss of bone density to kidney stones and weight gain.

The majority of people with a pH imbalance lean toward acidity (lower pH number) and can fix this problem fairly easily by drinking water made with Himalayan pink salt.

7. Improve Digestion

Nutrients in HPS can actually increase the ability of our gastrointestinal tract to absorb other nutrients.  For this reason, trading your shaker of table salt for Himalayan pink will help you to better digest your food. 

8. Strengthens the Body

Many of the minerals found in HPS are also vital for the human body to maintain strong bones and connective tissues, as well as proper muscle regeneration and blood circulation. If you are prone to chilled extremities, arthritis, broken bones, or even mental fatigue - regular use of Himalayan pink salt to season your food may be just what you need to jump start your body back to good health.

*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.

Are you our next success story?

Enjoy a two week FREE experience pass, when you book a free consultation today.

Icon FacebookIcon Linkedin