Balance and Wellness. These two words come up quite often in day-to-day life, in magazines, tv, newspapers, social media platforms or pretty much anywhere you can get information from.
To understand both in short, health is a state of being, whereas balance is a state of living a healthy lifestyle.
Balance: Taking care of yourself while enjoying the things you like. To achieve balance, you must make sure you are healthy and in the right frame of mind. To be in shape mentally you must be in shape physically.
Wellness: Aims to enhance wellbeing. Everyone is different, we all have a different approach to seeking health and balance. Here are some tips that may help.
- Get a good night sleep - Better sleep = better mood, it can increase activity, increase performance, and many other perks.
- Connect with others - This allows you to build confidence, it gives you the opportunity to share positive experiences, it also helps you build a sense of belonging and self-worth.
- Physical activity - This does not only increase your strength, but it also raises your self-esteem, builds confidence, helps you set goals and positively changes your mood.
- Hydrate - Your body uses water to maintain its temperature, normal human body temperature is 36.5-37 degrees Celsius. It also removes waste and improves overall good health.
- Think Seesaw - The road of life is much smoother when you can find balance despite what comes your way.
Think of balance as two kids slowly rising and falling on a playground seesaw. Focusing only on your physical fitness is like standing on one side of that seesaw and expecting it to continue to rise and fall. Sure, the seesaw moved, but there is no balance. However, focusing on your overall wellness is understanding that for your seesaw to work, every component must be balanced and in sync.