Skip to main content

Break the Plateau

Let the experts at Vision PT show you how you can break through that plateau and keep progressing.
Weight Loss Articles
Weight Loss Articles

By Cameron Dawkins at Blackburn

Do you have a goal that you want to achieve, but have been stuck for more than 3 months without progress?

The answer to this problem is there in the statement, it is a goal that you want to achieve. As Tony Robbins says, we all have a list of things that we want and a list of things we need, only some of us get the things we want, but most of us get the things we need.

You might be thinking, "but I have been doing all the right things to achieve my goal!" The harsh truth is, if you're in a plateau, then you are not doing everything right, or not doing the right things.

If you're seeing a Personal Trainer to help you, that's fantastic. Having a PT is a great way to help you stay on track. However, the time you spend with your PT will generally equate to 1% of your week. So, the question is what are you doing with your remaining 99%?

Here are a few examples of obstacles I uncover through regularly talking to clients about the 99% of things that may be affecting their results.

Do you ever tell yourself you "had" to eat or drink something you should not have?
Some situations are harder than others, but there is no situation out of your control. Being prepared is key to making better decisions.
One of the hardest things is saying no in a social situation. But, just as your muscles get stronger through resistance training, so does your mind. Every 'no' you say strengthens your will power.

Do you ever not hit your weekly training plan or fill in your food diary because you "don't have time"?
You may have heard this before, but everyone has the same 24 hours in a day. What you do with those 24 hours is dependent on how you prioritise things you feel are important to you. The key here is to get your goal onto your important needs list.

Tip: Write down your goal for the week, then what actions need to happen to achieve it and how much time each action requires. Schedule these actions in your week, treat it like an appointment and stick to it.

Do you not make changes to your nutrition or exercise, because you think, "what I am doing is good enough"?
Albert Einstein said, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

If you are stuck in a plateau then something needs to change. A good rule of thumb is to focus on your behaviours rather than the outcome.

"Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more." Edward H. Harriman

In summary, nobody is perfect. There is always a little extra you can do to help yourself achieve your goal. Whether it's filling in your food diary, extra time spent training, or making sure you get at least 7 hours of quality sleep each night.

Work hard continuously & consistently and you will break through the plateau and achieve your goal.


*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.

Are you our next success story?

Enjoy a two week FREE experience pass, when you book a free consultation today.

Icon FacebookIcon Linkedin