- Firstly, your focus should NOT be on weight loss but reducing body fat and building muscle!
- Weight training should be focused on, getting stronger and building muscle, not weight loss; 1kg of muscle helps boost your resting metabolic rate and burns approximately 1.8-3.2 extra calories per day.
- Most fat loss comes during rest and recovery so ensure you have 7+ hours of sleep. That’s where the magic happens.
- Focus on progressive overload week on week by either increasing load or reps. No more than 10% increase week on week is a safe progression for physiological adaptation - Fat loss is not a physiological adaptation; it is a by-product of physiological adaptations.
- Cardio should be focused on boosting your mood, rather than simply burning calories. Choose something that is fun!
- Focus 90% of your calorie intake on healthy nutrient dense food and 10% on fun! For example, if your daily calorie requirement is 1500 calories, then 150 calories can be from fun sources. Or, if you eat 5 times a day for 7 days (35 meals), then 3 meals can be fun sources. You simply need to be at a calorie deficit if you desire to lose weight!
- Track your food to ensure you are at a calorie deficit! If you are gaining weight, then you are at a calorie surplus.
- Volumize your meals with protein and loads of vegetables (with different colours) and drink plenty of water to keep you fuller for longer
- Fat loss is a marathon not a sprint. Do not think about achieving your result as soon as possible but think about how you can achieve it sustainably, so once you achieve the result, you keep the result. Forever.
- Focus on the journey not the destination. Trust and enjoy the process, be consistent. The result will come.
Are you our next success story?
Enjoy a two week FREE experience pass, when you book a free consultation today.