Have you heard failing to prepare, is preparing to failure? In this article we share our favourite (and easy) tips when it comes to preparing your food to ensure you're on track to achieving your goals.
- Use Frozen Vegetables. It is frozen at its freshest point and makes it one less thing you have to worry about!
- Use Pre Made Salad Kits. There are pre-made salads at Coles for less than $2 with 2 servings. Add your choice of protein and some dressing and lunch is sorted.
- Season Your Food. It has little macro nutrient value to it and it makes your food tasty instead of bland and boring. Try out different seasonings on your protein, your veggies and anything else. GAME CHANGER!
- Rice Cups. Rice cups are a time saver, 90 seconds and it is done, this is a very good option for you if you forget your lunch at work and you need some carbs.
- Eggs/Egg Whites. For an average egg lets say it is 52 grams, this has 6.3 grams of protein and 5.2 grams of fat, if you are struggling with protein and aren’t pushing your fats already it is an awesome option to add some flavor. In saying that if you fats are delicate and you can’t afford any more than egg whites as an addition to your meal allows it to have that little bit more protein.
Try incorporating these simple tips into your meal prepping today!