Weight loss is a common goal for many people and there are a variety of exercises that can help with this objective.
Here are five exercises that are particularly effective.
- Aerobic Exercise: Aerobic exercise, such as running, cycling, or swimming, can help increase heart rate and burn calories. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise at least x 3-4 a week.
- Strength Training: Building muscle can help boost metabolism and burn calories even when you're not exercising. We recommend Incorporating strength training exercises to your routine x 2-3 a week.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): HIIT is a type of exercise that alternates short bursts of intense activity with recovery periods. This can help increase heart rate and burn calories in a short amount of time.
- Mobility/Stretching: Stretching can increase flexibility, and reduce stress, all of which can contribute to weight loss. Incorporate stretching/mobility into your routine at least x 1-2 a week.
- Walking: Walking is a low-impact exercise that can help increase your heart rate and burn calories. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate-intensity walking 4-5 days a week.
It's important to remember that nutrition also plays a significant role in weight loss. To achieve the best results, combine these exercises with a healthy diet and regular hydration (1L per 25kg of body weight).