1) Joined Vision Personal Training Southport October 2012
2) Joined the X Training Group Training and couldn't make it around the block
3) Did first Run Club in Jan 2013
4) Managed 3km without stopping by March 2013
5) May 2013 I could run 5km
6) Encouraged to enter the 10km at GC Marathon so started running 3 times a week but also did 3 Group Training sessions
7) First race GC July 2013 - 10km in 59.58 (just scraped sub 60!)
8) Pretty much hit my goal weight by end of July 2013 and halved my body fat. Decided I got the running bug and entered first City to Surf (14km). Did that with my sister and didn't stop - not even up Heartbrake Hill!
9) The "Girls running group" was formed with a view to conquer the 10km in Melbourne that Oct 2013. Got my time down to 55.15.
10) Now running regularly but still doing at least 3 Group Training and Personal Training sessions per week. Body Fat down to 14%
11) Followed a program for half marathon for GC 2014 with Jen - but ended up doing 10km (53.11) - had some hip issues.
12) Completed second City to Surf and shaved 9 minutes off previous year.
13) Continued program and trained regularly with aim for Blackmores Half in Sydney - Sept 2014 - did my first half in 1hr 56 secs. It was after this race I decided that maybe I could do a full marathon.
14) Second Half Central Coast Dec 2014 - particularly tough mentally - 1 hr 57 secs
15) Did a couple of team Tri's (mighty Visionettes) over the summer - can't run well in heat and then Bulletin 10km fun run in April.
16) Feb 2015 started following program for GC Full Marathon for July with Jen. Still doing 3 x training classes/ week too. Followed Vision's nutrition to the gram.
17) After a few hip and back issues managed to get to the start line
18) Net time 4 hrs 23 minutes - enjoyed every step! I had the best support crew and team Vision.
Can't miss my favourite race City to Surf 2015....
Blackmores Half in Sept 2015 - want to get sub 1hr 45 mins Start Trail running - who knows - might conquer The North Face 50??? London or Boston 2016....
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.
Southport Success Stories
Are you our next success story?
Give your goals the greenlight and join us. Book your free consult now.