Feeling fearful of lifting weights? There are plenty of horror stories that lifting weights makes women bulky, it's bad for the joints or once you stop training, all your muscle will turn to fat. All these different factors have kept women fearful from experiencing the amazing benefits produced through resistance training.
It's time to put those fears aside! Here are 8 IMPORTANT reasons to lift weights:
- Thinking weights will give you ripped arms? Think again! When cardiovascular training comes head-to-head against resistance training, cardiovascular training will always come 2nd in burning calories. Your body's ability to burn fat during exercise is an amazing advantage of resistance exercises.
- More toned muscles means more calorie expenditure! Calories burnt can be determined by a simple smile compared to a squat. For example, sitting burns fewer calories than standing, standing burns fewer calories than walking, and walking burns fewer calories than strength training. Make sense?
- It DOES help shape your body, giving you amazing curves! Building muscle tissue can help a lady take a nice hourglass shape.
- Sleep Quality! Resistance training aids in your ability to fall asleep faster, longer and deeper. It also allows you to wake up less during the night.
- Increased energy! Resistance training causes an increase in energy that the body will release hours after you train.
- It will improve your health! Resistance training reduces the risk of heart disease, reduces blood sugar levels, lowers blood pressure and lowers resting heart rate.
- Bone Health! Resistance training is the best way to combat loss of bone mass which is very common as you age. It will decrease the risk of osteoporosis.
- Stress Relief! Exercise in general is a great way to manage stress. Studies have shown that people that lift weights have a tendency to manage stress better and experience fewer reactions to stressful situations.
So ladies, if you're looking to feel strong, determined, confident and full of energy.....let's pick up a dumbell and show how healthy and confident you can really feel.
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.