- Find an event. Speak to your trainer and set yourself a realistic, goal specific event whether it's running, walking, swimming or an obstacle course.
- Register early. Not only do you get the "early bird" discount it is a great way to make this goal REAL. A lot of the time people will say they are going to do an event but without real commitment to it, it makes missing training sessions even easier to skip out on the actual event itself.
- Remind yourself of the event regularly. Whether it's posting your registration confirmation on the fridge or setting your phone background to a photo of the event. Constant reminders of what you're working towards can help keep you motivated
- Register with a friend! This helps you keep accountable to sticking it out!
- Pick and register for an event you have to train for. Try not to register for an event you know you could complete without any training - Get out of your comfort zone. Alternatively, set yourself a goal time you know you would have to train to achieve
- Enjoy it!
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.