Don't let the winter blues demotivate you over the coming cooler months. Here are a few tips on how to beat the winter blues and stay on track with your training.
- Get your clothes ready at the end of the bed. There's nothing worse than getting out of your warm bed in the morning and venturing into the cold unknown and rummaging around for your gym stuff. Get your belongings out ready in a neat pile near your bed so you're ready to jump out of bed and into your gym stuff.
- Treat yourself to some new winter workout gear. Protect yourself from the elements and get yourself some stylish new gym togs at the same time.
- Refocus or reset your goals. Be it looking good for your European holiday or training for the City2Surf, having a clear goal will keep you motivated on those chilly mornings and dark evenings.
- Get out in the sunshine when you can. Even a small dose of Vitamin D will do wonders for the winter blues. With winter temperatures still hitting the late teens on some winter days, get out there and feel the warmth on your face…just make sure you've still got sun protection on!
- Meal prep. This is even more important over the colder month as it is human nature to over eat and gain a 'winter coat' with all the comfort food available. Have your meals planned out for a few days in advance and you are less likely to stray towards high carb, high fat comfort food. Read our previous blog post for some meal prep ideas: https://www.visionpt.com.au/studios/double-bay/articles/nutrition/meal-prep-101-for-those-on-the-go/
- Train with a buddy. If you've committed to someone else that you'll go for a run, a walk or a class together, you are far more likely to stick to it. Plan a regular weekly training session with a buddy and treat yourself to a nice hot cup of coffee after.
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.