I'm so proud to say that it has been an absolute pleasure witnessing the physical and mental transformation clients experience when they partake in our boxing sessions! It is one of the most satisfying parts of my profession. Whether it's one on one, group sessions, private corporate groups, individuals new to boxing or seasoned vets, there are so many benefits that boxing brings about.
Did you know that anxiety, depression and other mental health concerns cost Australian businesses up to $12 Billion. Wow.
Did you know that 1 in 3 Australians suffer with mental health concerns in the workplace?
Did you know that boxing actually helps with improving mental health?
Here are 5 ways boxing helps with workplace happiness:
- Stress relief. It's no secret that punching it out in a boxing sessions helps with stress relief! Plus it releases endorphins. Endorphins trigger a positive feeling by interacting with receptors in your brain that reduces your perception of pain.
- Healthy competitive mindset. Boxing helps you compete with the person you were yesterday by improving your focus, coordination, problem solving skills and confidence.
- Improves confidence. Boxing is challenging! Knowing that you are improving skills and overcoming the challenge of boxing helps you with handling other challenges in life!
- Mental focus. Boxing allows you to be in the moment and forget everything that's going on in the outside world, forgetting about the past or future. Learning the combinations and being present (and obviously avoiding getting hit) can translate well in navigating challenging tasks in the outside world by being more present!
- It's fun! It goes without saying, doing something fun, yet challenging with a group of people focusing on the same task at hand in a fun and interactive environment goes a long way in improving our mental health, happiness and wellbeing!